Wine & FoodView All Events
Wine on the Fly
April 23, 2017 - April 26, 2017
**Event Activity Fee sold separately from room.
Agendas and More Information
Event DescriptionFly-fishing and fine wine—enjoyable pursuits in their own right—meet in an epic, yet relaxing, adventure that takes you from pure Smoky Mountain streams to unforgettable Spring tables. Vintners Brian Lamborn of Lamborn Family Vineyards and Ted Lemon of Littorai Wines will bring their wine and their love of fly-fishing to this fun getaway. Spend the day casting for mountain trout before winding down with a vibrant dinner (often inspired by your catch!) and remarkable wine pairings selected by Brian and Ted. Equal parts exhilarating and relaxing, this Spring trip is the perfect excuse to get outside and take a deep breath.
Highlights & Features
- Fishing with our renowned fishing guides, avid fishermen, and the guest Winemakers on Hesse Creek at Blackberry Farm and special locations in the Great
- Fly tying instruction from Blackberry Farm guides
- Special and unique wines from the guest Winemakers, paired with menus created especially for the event by Chef Cassidee Dabney of Blackberry Farm
- Wine tasting with guest wine personalities
- Dinners are available for those not participating in the full event for a $450 supplemental fee